Buff Review Show The Motion (Control) of the (Gaming) Ocean
I’ve had less contrived titles…
Well E3 2011 was everything and more we were hoping for, and then some, plus a bit more, and then when you thought they couldn’t fit any more awesomeness in… well it ended, but those four days were pure gaming brilliance. So instead of boring you all with every detail, or trying to categorise things by company or console or genre, but to be honest, a Top 10 will suffice:
1. WiiU. So many topics. So many debates. So many questions. And just for a refreshing change- not ONE of them has been about the name. Oh, and THAT third party line up. THAT line up. Oh yes.
2. PSVita with it’s shiny bits and touchy bits and general attractiveness; this thing is going to be to Sony’s core gamers what the world’s largest ball of tin foil would be to the world’s equally largest magpie…
3. EVERYTHING about the 3DS between now and Xmas. To quote entry No. 1- THAT line up!
4. Jack Tretton’s clothing combination. Actually everybody looked rather dapper this year. Apart from Lara Croft, who was wearing this season’s “dragged through an Aztec temple backwards with a iron rod through my gut and then rolled in some yak droppings for a bit” look. Nom. =3
5. COD: Modern Warefare 3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3- November 2011 is going to be an expensive (and relatively indoors-y) month! =D
6. Zelda 25th Anniversary presentations/announcements/merriment/Golden Wii-Mote flailings were all rather festive and wonderful.
7. ‘The Last Story’ for the Wii finally getting a European release date. OH WAIT. SILLY ME! -.-;; Well at least we got some info on Half Life 2 Episode 3. HAHAHA OH WAIT I FORGOT AGAIN! Valve and Squeenix are *this* close to being off the Xmas card list.
8. Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and God of War HD remakes for PS3. Ok so I REALLY just want an HD Shadow of the Colossus, but the others seem cool. Kratos’ man-pecs can only look juicier in HD I guess.
9. Fable: Journey *hides*
10. The Sesame Street Kinect game. MEGALULZ but in all seriousness, aside from a few blatant Wii rip-offs and plain old Kinect money grabbing sequelling, Microsoft are doing some interesting things with Kinect. Check out Fun Labs if you get the time. The demo blew my mind.